the time of my life

Thursday, January 08, 2004

I am quite exhausted. My sleep schedule is seriously messed up, and classes haven't even started yet. It's taken less than a week for this to happen, and it's all FB's fault. And I can't go to sleep yet, bc if I do, I'll wake up at some insane hour like 2 a.m., and I'll end up watching infomercials until my alarm goes off at 4 a.m. I hate them I hate them I hate them!!!....Ok, enough of that. I'm not going to be there much longer, so I'll enjoy the few perks of the job while I can...After-Christmas sales rock my world.

I've spent the afternoon running errands, and now I'm planning the menu for my dinner party tomorrow...I think I'm going to attempt making tiramisu this evening, which goes against every diet rule I know of, but hey, it's for my friends. Just because I'm suffering doesn't mean they have to, lol.

Not much else is going on now. For the first time in a long time, I am kind of bored, bc most of my Springfield people are still out of town, including my roommate; if she was here right now, it is likely we would be sitting in the living room watching another stupid VH1 all-access show-it's become the A #1 guilty pleasure-unhealthy, but addictive.

Speaking of guilty pleasures, I have to say that in my opinion, the first episode of The Real World San Diego was absolute crap. (you can tell I'm on break, seeing as I have time to watch this nonsense) The only cast member that I have observed to have any depth at all is Jacquese. The cast members have no chemistry worth mentioning. Once again, MTV has chosen cast members to fill specific roles: the ditzy hot girl, the feisty minority girl, the odd one out, the token african-american, the Neanderthal frat boy, and finally, the free spirit. Although MTV occasionally deviates from these stereotypical roles, the last Real World episodes have been fairly true to this standard, and I see this one as no different. My only comment on the first episode is directed about Frankie: what the H*LL is she doing smoking? She has cystic fibrosis...hi, a fatal lung disease, dangerous enough by itself, and still she decides to smoke. I really don't understand people's logic sometimes (or lack thereof).

Since I've decided to talk about TV shows, I'm going to move on to my favorite TV show of all-time-Sex and the City! There are only 7 episodes left so I'm kinda heartbroken. However, it's had a great run, I recommend that everyone catches the last few episodes (even the guys, you could learn a thing or two! *wink*), even if you haven't been a show faithful. Just to bring SATC loyalists up to speed, after this last episode I am still skeptical of the Miranda/Steve reunion, however, I'm convinced that Steve brings out a better side of Miranda. He has went out and made something of himself, which has made him comfortable w/ Miranda's career success, and meanwhile Miranda has come to face the shocking reality that she is in love with Steve (See episode 75), and finally had the guts to act on her feelings (See episode 86). Being somewhat of a cynical b*tch myself (at times!), I definitely embrace the idea of a man who can make roll my eyes, but laugh while doing so. Meanwhile, Carrie is still dating the handsome older man Alexsandar Petrovsky, but I must say that I agree with TV guide when saying that Carrie is destined to remain single. She's far too independent and has a penchant for the dramatic, which is why she hasn't managed to hold down a man thus far. We'll just have to wait and see how the series ends. Finally, commitment-shy Samantha was lured back to the arms of the only man who broke her heart, Richard Wright-but only briefly. While it appeared that things were over between her and her adoring Smith Jerrod, he proved to be the ultimate gentleman and was there for her when things crashed and burned. *awwwwwwwwww* He's GORGEOUS, decent, and I hope Sam finally gives him the commitment he deserves and they end up happy together!

Ok, enough of my tv observations...I'm going to run some errands and hang out for awhile. Catch ya on the flip side folks-I'll post again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home