the time of my life

Thursday, January 06, 2005

*I actually meant to post this a week ago...Sorry kids :o)

Amy Lynnette’s BEST OF 2004
If VH1 can do it, I want to do it! Enjoy friends. And give me a break. When I’m out of school, I get bored and come up with these things.


Best bar:

I’ll never forget the wonders of campustown, for sure…but I’ve become rather fond of Stella Blue and Bootleggers w/ the POS crew…

Best drink:
The Thin Mint martini at Stella Blue. I’m kind of a teetotaler now, but if I have something while I’m out…it’s YUMMY! And now I know how to make them!

Best class:

Probably my lobbying seminar over the summer…(POS 563) it wasn’t so much the class, it was the people in it.

Best funny (and most infuriating) moment:
The night they built the fort. If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask. That night over the summer in Naperville was up there with funny moments, as well.

Best (or funniest) song:

“I Believe in a Thing Called Love” by the Darkness. When I listen to that song, I’ll always think of this year.

Best party:

1004 parties…specifically the one Homecoming weekend. I have been to SO many of these parties…and it doesn’t matter that I’ve graduated, these parties are still great…it’s always fun coming back to campus to attend one. Just ask the half of campus who has attended one.

Best times (over an extended period of time):

Summer 2004…me, Jess, Brandis and Michelle had an absolute blast being roommates…and the impromptu gatherings at our place made it even more fun…dancing on the coffee tables was an added bonus.

Best quotes:
These are the ones I could actually remember to write down! They were funny at the time, at least :o)

“The count is the PIMP! You can just imagine him on the street corner...Von hoes...two hoes...Vree hoes..”-Brandis, referring to the Count after a discussion about Sesame Street one night.

"It's awesome...it's the "Toys R Us" for Alcoholics.”-me, talking about Friar Tuck to a non-Springfieldian. It really is, too.

“Don't make me come over there and pimp-smack you!”-These little kids I heard yelling at each other one day. I never knew what a “pimp smack” was before this and honestly, I still don’t know what it is. Not sure I want to, either.

"B as in, well, BEE-you know, the one that buzzes?"-Me, on the phone to a customer at work at the mall. I guess you can say I wasn’t with it that day.

“Cost Co.-it’s the Neimann Marcus of Sam's Club!”-Guess who said THIS…yeah, go figure.

"Just me, him, a bottle of wine and Fox news...my idea of a perfect evening!"-meanwhile, Angela has a horrified look on her face. What can I say…I’m a nerd. And I btw, I was referring to election night…not just any night. I DO engage in activities besides watching Fox News!

"Well I can tell YOU aren't from the 'hood! fo sho!"-Brandis, referring to my lack of street smarts.
"What was your first clue?"-Me


Best moment overall:
Finally realizing I had moved on. The road ahead is both wide and open. And it’s never looked better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home