the time of my life

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Thanksgiving recap...

Since I haven't posted since then...I will now!

Tuesday night:
Drove straight from Springfield to STL metro area, where I met Cheryl and Krissa at St. Clair Square for shopping, dinner, etc. We had a great time, as usual-didn't really buy a lot, but got to catch up with my girls-fun as always! We ended the evening by heading to Southpaw's, a relatively new sports bar in O'Fallon. Fun times were had by all, and the cute bartender recommended and made me the BEST drink ever-cran & vanilla vodka-it tastes like cheesecake-it's SOOOOO good! I finally collapsed into my bed late that evening.

Wednesday:
Woke up late, only to find Lori still asleep (my parents were at work, and Jami had school)-ah, Thanksgiving break. Krissa came over and we wandered downtown Centralia (the Village Greenery) looking at Vera Bradley stuff. After Krissa left, I hung out at the high school for a bit w/ my father, then we headed home. My parents, Jami, and me then went over to STL for more Christmas shopping. We ate at Smokey Bones, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite bbq places in the area. After a long evening of shopping, we headed back to C-town, where Lori, Mitch, and Bundy were hanging out at our house-I was happy to see Bundy, whom I haven't seen in ages! I fell asleep around 1:30 a.m.

Thursday:
Thanksgiving Day at my aunt's house in Woodlawn (a tiny town between Centralia and Mt. Vernon). Saw the entire family sans a few members, got to catch up with Alisha (who I had not seen since the summer), not a bad time. Not much to report, just a lot of food and a LOT of conversation. Got home around 8 p.m., and promptly fell asleep.

Friday:
Got up early to go to Tennessee with the family-after a looooong car ride w/ my family nearly driving me crazy (mainly my two sisters), we arrived in Millington. After dinner with my grandparents, we engaged in a family poker tournament, which was quite entertaining. After about 3 hours we all called it a night.

Saturday:
My parents and sisters headed out to the mall, but seeing as I spend half my life at Famous Barr nowadays, I chose to stay home with my grandparents and bake with my grandmother. We prepared dinner for the whole family-turkey, fresh seafood, salad, scalloped potatoes, cranberry-orange sauce, sourdough rolls, various beverages, pecan pie, homemade fudge, and much more that I'm probably forgetting. YUM! I was so stuffed, I hadn't eaten that much in ages-probably since last Thanksgiving. My uncle Rob and aunt Holly and cousins Brian and Chris were there for the evening, which was great. After dinner the poker started up again, but we all went to bed earlier than the evening before thanks to the large amounts of food consumed.

Sunday:
Headed home with the family to Centralia, only to pack up my stuff so I could head back to Springfield. I had to make a stop on the way to drop Lori off in Champaign, and before we got to Chambana we stopped in Charleston so I could visit Dan-fun times as usual! After a long day of traveling, (almost 9 hours on the road!) I got back to Springfield at about 12:30 a.m.

So that was Thanksgiving break for me!

1 Comments:

  • I hope you are having a nice day Amy Lynnette. I was surfing the search engines for purse and handbag related websites using the keyword purse roxy and found your awesome page with the title this post. I am looking for ideas on how to improve my own site using different keywords and was amazed how easy it was to find your site using the keyword purse roxy. Perhaps we could do a link exchange at some point. Anyway, thanks for your time and I’m glad I found your site.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home