the time of my life

Monday, June 06, 2005

Well, it's been awhile, so I'll provide everyone with details as to what has been going on in my life lately.

Current Status of the JOB HUNT: Lost and Searching. Well, perhaps the "Lost" is a bit dramatic, but most certainly "Searching". I've had 3 interviews (all in the last couple of weeks). No job yet-and unfortunately, I'm growing very impatient. I know these things take time, but I'm definitely not a patient person. I know that most people have several unsuccessful interviews before finding THE job, but...grrrrrrr. Everyone keeps telling me things are going to be fine (and I'm sure they will be, eventually), but for now I'm quite content with being freaked out. I'm trying to keep to myself, because I don't want to annoy my friends with all the job talk (all I seem to care about lately), and I don't want to be told for the millionth time that things are going to be "fine", "everything will work out", and "everything happens for a reason!"

In the meantime, I'm working a summer job & volunteering for JBT. My sincere hope (and expectation) is to be picked up by JBT's campaign once she announces her candidacy for governor. However, if something better comes along sooner, I'd be crazy not to accept it. Sigh. The stress of it all. I really want to find a job that I can stay at for at least a couple of years, so it's difficult to choose between potentially working somewhere just "ok" and holding out for something better (even if it means making less $ for a few months).

So enough ranting and raving about the job. I'm only succeeding in annoying myself and those around me, so I should really just...chill. I know. I'm doing everything in my power to find a job, and I'll just have to be content with that for now. To my friends who have been putting up with me lately: thank you-your support means everything to me. Even if I don't always act like it, it does.

On to another thing that is annoying me: Finding an apartment. I've gotten very spoiled this year, as I have an exceptionally nice apartment in southern part of Springfield. However, I'm dying to have a W/D in my apartment, so I've started searching elsewhere. Despite my searching, I have failed to find anything in the $400-$500 range that is 1) liveable, 2) in a good area of town and 3) meets the rest of my ridiculous standards. I'm going to check a couple of places downtown, but most of the (nice) downtown apartments are not in my price range. As such, I might end up staying right where I'm at (although I might choose to get a single), and learn to live with the laundry situation. We shall see...I really do love my apartment, it's not only huge, but there is TONS of storage space, in addition to our nice outdoor deck, and then there's my enormous walk-in closet that I have grown to love SOOOOOO much....sigh. Like I said, I've become very spoiled.

Ok. Enough bitching. I'm going to find a great job, and I'll have an equally fabulous apartment, whether I choose to move or stay where I'm at.

Changing the subject-I spent the latter part of last week at home in Centralia sorting and packing stuff in my room, in addition to visiting with my family and some of my friends from home.

On Friday I met Dan, Peter, and Maggie over in South County (STL) to hang out. We first went to Best Buy, where Dan and I watched Maggie and Peter buy some appliances, and then we went back to their apartment to watch TV and just chill out. Maggie showed me her wedding dress, which is very pretty, although I'll admit to being a little freaked by all that fru-fru wedding business. That's always been more my sister's thing, most definitely. I suppose I'll have to deal with it next summer, or whenever her and Mitch decide to get married (wow-it sounds so weird to say that, mainly because they both seem so young, but whatever). Anyway, I digress. It was great to see them, as well as Suraj, who stopped by to say hi to us towards the end of the night.

As for me, I must get going, as I have places to go, people to see, and much to do today. I promise I'll have more interesting posts in the weeks to come, but for now, this is all I'm able to muster. I need a place to rant (about the job, and everything else), and this is my outlet.

1 Comments:

  • I'm not going to tell you that 'everything will be okay' or anything like that. Take it from me - during your job search you will discover all the ways that the world is an unfair, unjust place. But I can tell you that you will some day make it because rather than moving back home or maxing out a credit card to stay where you are, waiting for your career to start, you had the balls to go out and get a job so you could stay close to the politcal scene. You're not begging or borrowing or spending money you don't have waiting for the 'perfect' job. You're working to keep a roof over your head and put food on the table. That alone is evidence enough that you have what it takes to make it.

    ...besides, there are far worse things than a career in showbusiness ;)

    By Blogger KS Sparky, at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home