the time of my life

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Hey guys-haven't posted for awhile, first I was drowning in seminar papers, then I've been drowning in cough syrup...I'm getting over my seasonal allergies that ensue yearly w/ the change of summer to fall...so I'll try to catch up.

Last weekend was good times. Went home for the first time in awhile (w/ the exception of Mrs. K's funeral-and that wasn't a real visit) Visited with the grandparents and got to see the debate on Friday night-In my personal opinion, both sides did well and I'd call it a draw. Although I'll say it once-I'll say it again. If Kerry flip flops on ONE MORE ISSUE, I think I will SCREAM. Seriously. If you want an example of what I'm talking about, just click here:
http://johnkerryads.websiteanimal.com/

Frankly, I'm still too tired to rant about Kerry right now (perhaps that is what made me sick in the first place), but expect more banter on my part before election day.

Anyway, Saturday meant getting up early to see the Marching Showcase (for all of you non-ex-CHS-band nerds, that's the name for the CHS band). They're doing pretty well-the band has been through some rough times since I graduated, with the retirement of our amazing band director, Mrs. Allen, and the turnover of several new ones since then, but I have no doubt that in time the band will build back up to the championship status it saw during my high school days. Anyway, I don't particularly like the show's music this year, but the band is doing well with it-it's music from The Mask of Zorro. The band is really small, but I know they'll gain more members next year now that they're getting their act together.

http://centralia.smugmug.com/gallery/246051/4/9618611/Large

Anyway, after the band competition, we headed home so Jami could get ready for homecoming. She looked so pretty! She has grown up a lot in the last year, and is starting to ditch some of her tomboyishness...you would have never recognized her!

http://centralia.smugmug.com/gallery/246049/9/9620347/Large

That's Jami, second from the left...her date is the one with his arm around her. Her best friend, Meagan, is second from the right. My baby sister is all grown up!

In case you're wondering, the pictures above are from my dad's website, so if you're from Centralia and happen to be interested in any of them, they're for sale. My dad's getting back into the photography thing, so this is a shameless plug for him.

This is one of my favorite pictures taken by my dad.
http://centralia.smugmug.com/gallery/246040/1/9603074/Large

Unfortunately, it doesn't look nearly as spectacular with the word PROOF on it-but it's an awesome picture, as many of his are.

Anyhoo, after a long weekend, I headed back, dropping Lori off in Chambana along the way. Unfortunately I started off the week with allergy trouble, but these things happen. Monday night ML and Ang came over and we just hung out and caught up on life and drank some wine (Monday was a holiday from work for me). The rest of the week was pretty normal, working and writing for school. I actually DID go to see Alan Keyes speak on campus, and let me tell you, that man is every bit the right-wing nutjob he appears to be. Yowza. That's why I'm voting for Obama. I don't agree with everything he says, seeing as I'm something of a moderate republican and all, but the man has common sense, he's NOT a product of the Chicago machine, and frankly, I like the guy. There ya go. All of my right-wing friends can feel free to bash me now, but this just goes to show that just because you're a member of my party doesn't mean I have to agree with you or even like you. And P.S.-most of my fellow (rational) conservatives aren't voting for Keyes, either-the man is (seriously) nuts.

Friday night I went to some haunted houses (I LOVE HALLOWEEN!) in the area with the girls-it was a lot of fun, but the haunted hayride definitely didn't help my health-waking up Saturday proved this, but I managed to drag myself into work anyway. Eeek.

Anyway, I'm going to lay down right now and try to get some more rest, because I really want to get over this, but I'll post more later, that's a promise.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home