the time of my life

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

hey guys. In my haste to post last night I managed to delete the ENTIRE THING, and after doing so was too tired to re-create it. So here I go again.

Springfield is pretty much the usual: Subbing by day, Famous Barr by night, and going out as much as possible. School is the same, as well, I'm just awfully glad that I'm 10 short hours away from my M.A. degree.

Thursday I journeyed over to Chambana to help Lori celebrate her 20th birthday. We went to Timpone's for dinner, followed by coffee and yummy desserts at Moonstruck. After this, I had to drop Lori off at her review session for her ECE class, so I went to visit with Natalie. We headed to White Horse, where we ran into Diller + his g.f. We visited for awhile, then me and Nat went and got a table, caught up on life, and watched the beginning of the Presidential debate. After awhile at the Ho, we headed over to pick Lori up, and went on to hang out in Nat's room at Armory House. I tried to convince Nat to come out with us (even tried to help her with her history paper), but she decided to stay in. Meanwhile, the CR bar crawl was 6 going on (something I didn't know about until I headed into town!), so me and Lor went to Brother's to hang with Diller and all 6 other CR's. Quite sad, honestly, to see what has happened to the organization that many of us poured our heart and soul into building up, but what can ya do? Exactly. After visiting with Diller for about an hour, I dropped Lori off at bufu FAR and headed back to Springfield, arriving at about 12:30 a.m. All in all, a great visit-short, sweet, and only involving the people I wanted it to. Everyone knows that Nat and Diller are two of my best friends in Chambana, and even if they didn't work out, they will likely remain good friends of mine for quite awhile. Plus, they're two of a very small number of people that my sister will willingly hang out with while I'm in town, so it's good.

Friday was spent working, the usual, followed by hanging out at Angela's apt. with both her and Marylynn looking at truly ridiculous links on the internet (see Tupac/Barney link below). We actually had good intentions about going out downtown, but that all changed when we became glued to the computer screen. Damn internet. Anyway, check out the following if you're ever bored or interested in wasting time:

www.joked.com

www.albinoblacksheep.com

Saturday was also spent working, and I had to bear witness to the tragedy of Christmas in October. Yes, my friends, Christmas starts October 1st where I work. TRULY pathetic-they have completely forgotten (my favorite) Halloween and Thanksgiving in favor of a comercialized, corporate whore'd version of Christmas. Sad, truly sad. I think I should boycott and celebrate Hannukah instead.

Sunday I was quite tired, but returned to the evil that is FB to work for 4 hours, but I made up for my dreary day by attending a truly FABULOUS concert that evening with Angela: The Ten Tenors, ten operatic tenors from Australia came to UIS for one concert only. Think The Other Guys, all grown up and professional (but actually way better-if that's possible), with an Australian accent. It was one of the BEST concerts I've been to in recent history (yes, really), and it didn't hurt that they were all freaking hot. (We got to meet and greet with all of them following the show, and they were all handsome AND extremely charming-plus we got their autographs!) They've became my newest musical obsession.

In other news, not much is new, but here is a particularly funny picture courtesy of Krissa and her buddies down in Murray:

http://www.msuracers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14710

What can I say-elections and politics in general unite strange bedfellows.

Also, here is a slightly disheartening link courtesy of my friend Joe's profile, but it kinda makes you wonder...are there any non-cynical guys left out there? ARE there? REALLY?

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

And that, my friends, is enough worthwhile reading material to last you at LEAST, I'll say, 2 days, so until then, you can find me writing seminar papers and drinking copious amounts of Diet Dr. Pepper. Gotta love midterms. ttya'll later.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home