the time of my life

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Today's Gallup poll

If the election was today...
52% of eligible voters would choose Kerry
44% of eligible voters would choose Bush
4% were chose another candidate or were undecided

I refuse to believe that Bush is going to win by a landslide. Don't get me wrong, I'll vote for him over Kerry, but it is going to be closer than anyone thinks. Bush's campaign team is going to be hard-hitters when it comes to Kerry's inconsistency on issues throughout the past 6 years, and his reputation as a hard-core Massachusetts liberal, but Kerry's team is going to be equally tough when it comes to the economy (whether or not it is Bush's fault), unemployment and the Iraq war. In 1991, H.W. was enjoying some of the highest approval ratings seen since Kennedy, but once Clinton stepped onto the scene it seemed to evaporate. I am cautiously optimistic about Bush's chances in November, but now is not the time for Bush's team to become arrogant.

...meanwhile, stepping away from politics...

Afflicted

I have the early stages of Acid Reflux disease...yick. Currently taking Prilosec. I hope it heals itself soon. I'm supposed to go back in two weeks, but so far it seems to be getting better. However, when I was weighed at the doctor's office, I was pleased to find I have lost 12 pounds.

In other news...

Nothing! 3 classes, 2 days at IARF, and 2 days of work until SPRING BREAK! I'm so happy. I have a lot to do, homework-wise, this weekend, but once Sunday comes I'm throwing down the books and heading south...first to Centralia for a few days, then to Tennessee-quite possibly one of the most peaceful places I know-it's really my second home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home