the time of my life

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Yowza (new favorite word)...I am quite exhausted. It was another long, tiring day of subbing, but it's becoming regular (subbing)-so the money is quite good. Now, if only I can find a REAL job-hopefully before I graduate in May. I'm definitely excited about the prospect of an interview w/ the AG office.

Anyhoo...the elections are two weeks from today, and I'm going to my
2nd UIS College Republicans meeting in the history of being on campus. Frankly, the UIS CR's freak me out a little bit, they appear ultra-conservative (meaning judgemental of any moderate views-seriously, read some of the emails they send out and you'll see what I mean-you can understand why this might make me feel uncomfortable, being a moderate republican myself) and predominately male...the male part I don't have a problem with, it's just I feel somehow as they're looking at me as if to say, "Shouldn't you be in the kitchen...wearing an apron and making your husband dinner?" Yikes. This is exactly the kind of conservative male mentality I DESPISE, but everyone deserves a fair chance so..... I'm off to aid the UIS CR's in the betterment of republican candidates in the upcoming elections.

Meanwhile-I have a crapload of stuff to do, including the following:
-Scream at UIS housing for charging me when I am living OFF campus this semester!
-Edit paper for POS 513 seminar tomorrow.
-Bitch at Cingular, as they have screwed up my contract. I signed up for a new plan, and they conveniently forgot to add it (back in AUGUST!). You'd think these people would have more brains....apparently not. Go to college, kids.
-Drop my new sub license off at the regional supt. bldg.

(btw-the purpose of this list is not because I think YOU, my reader, really cares-it's because I need a constant reminder and writing might just help me remember-might being the operative word)

Also-in other news-for all of you cards-haters out there, you can stfu immediately! First of all, the series isn't over. Secondly, things are REALLY close-3-2. THIRDLY, every real cardinals follower knows that our team does best when they're back in the 'lou-and that's exactly where they're headed tomorrow night. So for all you bitter cubbies fans (I'd be bitter, too-if my team hadn't been to the world series in nearly a CENTURY...and had no hope of going ever again), here's a quarter.....call someone who cares! 'Cause us cardinals fans have faith in our team and we're making plans to kick some east coast booty.

Anyway...that's the news for now. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home