the time of my life

Thursday, February 12, 2004

KENNY CHESNEY!

Yes, he's coming, yet again! To Champaign, that is-I'll being going to see him for the third year in a row. If you're game, let me know! Although I'm unsure as to whether or not anything can top last year's concert (Montgomery Gentry was FREAKING AMAZING), it should be fabulous anyway-we're talking Dierks Bentley, Keith Urban, and the man himself-triple the testosterone, I'm there! ow ow! hahahaha. Eye candy AND good music-it can't get much better than that.

ROAD TRIP!

For the first time in 4 years, me and Krissa actually have the SAME spring break! I've been planning on a visit to the southland, and now it looks like it's going to be a full-fledged road-trip through the south's best places-we're talking Memphis, Nashville, Tunica, perhaps various places in Georgia, and more-good shopping, great food, southerners, and best of all, CIVIL WAR BATTLEFIELDS! You're talking to the granddaughter of one of the biggest C.W. history buffs that ever walked the earth, so yeah, I've been visiting the battlefields since I was about knee-high! I know, I'm a nerd. Rather, a good southern girl. My favorite picture is the one of me next to a cannon at Shiloh. HA! The trip will finish up w/ a visit to KD's stomping grounds in Murray, KY, to see what her gang does for fun. Hopefully she'll be able to join the road trip fun, meanwhile, I'm working on getting a couple of other friends involved. Good times, good times. You can take the girl out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the girl! It's gonna be a blast!

Anti-Valentines Day?

Hectic weekend ahead of me...lots or reading (as usual), working on a few papers, in addition to slave labor at FB on Friday and Saturday nights, in addition to daytime on Sunday. At least working gives me a legitimate excuse to miss out on the V-day nonsense. I'm sorry, but if Hallmark is the one telling the guys to buy me flowers, candy, etc., don't you think it's a bit insincere? Same goes for girls buying for guys! And no, I'm not just saying this bc I currently don't have a significant other-I've had them around Valentine's day, and I've had all the candy and flowers I could stand, and it was just as insincere then! I'd much rather have flowers just bc he felt like it, rather than because he was trying to obey some stupid Hallmark holiday! But at the risk as being labled cynical and heartless, Happy V-day anyway!

What else?


Class tonight (the most boring seminar I've ever had-but I've been through this before, ugh), followed by the usual Thursday night drinking festivities of the POS grads downtown at D. H. Brown's...but I hate having to drive-it takes all the fun out of nights out-seeing as I won't drive drunk. I have to admit that I miss being able to walk home after a good night of fun in campustown-nothing beats the drunken quad stumble! Oh well, I'll be able to do it again next weekend when visiting the Chambana gang. Besides, my partying habits did get slightly ridiculous during my last semester at UIUC...but ah well...the memories! (or lack of them, lol) With that said, more later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home