the time of my life

Thursday, February 05, 2004

A quote all good leaders should pay attention to...

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
--Abraham Lincoln

In short, be wary of power. There's a reason they say "absolute power corrupts absolutely". Sorry, just had to wax philosophical for a bit, now that I'm getting an opportunity to work with some of the most important state officials, good and bad ones.

What else...I'm sleep deprived. I wish I could take afternoon naps. I OD'd on caffeine yesterday morning and ended up sick. Not only can I not hold my liquor anymore, apparently I can't hold my caffeine, either.

Not much else is going on, except the weather is growing worse by the minute. And I have my most boring class of the week tonight-my state government seminar. Ugh. Other than that, things are good. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home