the time of my life

Friday, April 30, 2004

My roommate Elizabeth needs to learn 3 things:

1) It is NOT cool to knock on people's doors asking them if they are awake when you KNOW that they are not. (I.E.-this morning at 7:30 a.m., and last week, knocking on my door at 1 a.m.) Especially when SOME of us don't have the luxury of sleeping in all that often.

2) It is NOT cool to yell upstairs to try and talk to us (Jess and me) when you know we are occupied-as in, on the phone, etc.-it's just plain RUDE!

3) If you want to use my printer, FINE-but don't get upset when I tell you it's not working, and *news flash* don't wait until 30 minutes before your class to print out the assignment for that class! COMMON SENSE!

She also needs to learn that normal people like to party and bring friends over. Jess, being the socialite that she is, had some friends over a couple weeks ago when Elizabeth and Kara were home for the weekend. They were drinking and having the usual fun times that college kids have, and unbeknownst to Jess, one of them puked in Elizabeth and Kara's bathroom. Well, Jess had no idea this had taken place, so of course she didn't go and bother checking out their bathrrom. BIG MISTAKE! Whoever had made the mess had obviously tried to clean it up in their drunken state, but not done a very good job. Elizabeth comes home, finds a few suspicious specks on her towel and on the floor, and I SWEAR, she completely loses it. She's crying and whining and pissy, even when Jess tells her she'll clean up the mess. I swear I've never seen anything like it before. I mean, if it was me, I would have told Jess about it, cleaned it up (or maybe let her, but whatever), and gone about my business. We're in college, stuff happens-and it's not like Jess is disrespectful of our stuff or a dirty girl-she's the one who is ALWAYS cleaning things up. So yeah.

Anyway, Elizabeth responded by telling Kara that she just couldn't stand living here anymore, and proceeded to take all of her stuff out of the kitchen and hide it in her room for spite, acting like a 3 year old. And she proceeded to ignore all of us, until Jess finally went in and forced her to talk to her, and now things are back to normal-except we all came out of this realizing that Elizabeth is awfully immature for someone who is 22 years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home