the time of my life

Sunday, April 18, 2004

This weekend...

I haven't done much except work and run errands. Yesterday I had to run over to Chambana to FINALLY order my class ring, since me and my mom haven't had time to make a trip up there to pick one out. And I graduated last year! Anyway, it's so cute-it has Chief Illiniwek in the center, surrounded by "University of Illinois", with my degree and year of graduation. I figure if somehow, someday, the anti-chiefers succeed in their evil quest to get rid of Chief, I'll always have a tribute to him and my days in Chambana. Anyhoo, I met Natalie for lunch and we went to the mall, where I was reminded why Chambana's mall is crap (EXCEPT for the Gap, which is way better than ours, and Lerner New York-we don't have one! TEAR!). Then it was back to Springfield and working at FB till the late evening.

3 days!

Till the biggest career possiblity of my life...so far! I have the outfit, I have the skills-all I need now is for them to hire me. It seems like a GREAT possiblity-considering the behavior of the association thus far, but I am not getting my hopes up until they say, "YOU'RE HIRED!" Still, it's fun to daydream about the prospect of an exciting job doing EXACTLY what I want to do, and getting paid well for it! We shall see...until Wednesday comes I have plenty to do. I kind of wish my interview was another day, bc it is also the day of IARF's spring meeting and lobby day for the members, and I'm going to be EXTRAORDINARILY busy there, along w/ the legislative reception in the evening at the Sangamon club-but I should be able to steal away a couple of hours-hopefully the members will be tied up in meetings at that point of the day.

Tons of work

I have so much stuff to do in the next two weeks, it's sickening. I'm going to breathe a huge sigh of relief when May 4th rolls around........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

What else?

Not much else here-I could start ranting about various things, but that would only take away time from schoolwork, and that is my priority right now-so we'll save the rants for later. Oh-and Dan Bolin-you are freaking hillarious and I always enjoy your drunk dials (you are the one person who can call me in the middle of the night, and I don't mind TOO much-bc you are so darn entertaining).

ttya'll later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home