the time of my life

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

WHO NEEDS SLEEP?
as sung by BNL-great song.

I hate not being able to sleep. Despite my body's severe LACK of it at the moment, you would think it actually liked to be sleep-deprived, seeing as I haven't been able to fall asleep over the course of the last hour. WHICH is why I'm writing this, in hopes that it will wear me out. All bets are off.

I have friends who are talking about what is stressing them out, so here is what is stressing ME out:

Thesis Proposal
Selecting a Thesis Committee & Chair
WRITING my Thesis
Working WAY too much (I'm serious)
My internship
Springfield & Politics as usual
Random drama w/ various people
And did I mention my thesis?!?

Thesis=Puking?

So yeah, the thesis is basically which is what is making me want to puke, and the thought of defending my independent research in front of three of my professors is enough to send me over the edge. Luckily, I have until December, but seriously, that's not a LONG time. Fortunately, my professors have reassured me that I WILL be ready, otherwise there's no way they'll even attempt to let me defend it. I have a great topic, but I'm still fine-tuning things so when I finally have it JUST where I want it, I'll let you know and go into great detail on the topic and hopefully bore some of you to tears. Muhahahaha...

Just as a sidenote, I'm serious about the puking. For those of you who don't know me as well as others, I regularly get a nervous stomach, and this quite often leads to me throwing up. Prime examples have been before tests, dates, speeches-you name it, I've puked before it. This can't be good for my stomach lining.

Back to the school stuff, did I mention that I got an A on my presentation for 511? YAY! HUGE part of our grade-my nervousness didn't get the best of me, and my professor gave me a hug. You know you did something right when your professor says he's proud of your work. (And it's ok, my prof. isn't a perv or anything-like Weissburg-he's a genuinely nice guy and shows great concern for our well-being as students, which is something that you don't usually find in college, particularly in grad school) Now, onto finishing the dialectic journal and author log-wooo hooo.....

PICTURES!

I finally found my disposable camera from way back when, and used it to take pics at WC of me and the KCers...the pictures are hilarious and include everything from New Year's in Chambana w/ V and the hamster and group pictures at midnight, to various Spfld. activities, to the crazy dinner party, and the best picture of all, w/ me and Cheryl posing w/ Adam the self-proclaimed pimp (haha Adam-but it is a cute picture). WC was a blast, the KC gang HAS to get together more often-I LOVE YOU GUYS AND MISS YOU!

To crawl or not to crawl...

So my Chambanite CR friends are having their Spring barcrawl tomorrow, an event I have been asked to attend, I must say I am a bit apprehensive, seeing as my mere presence in Chambana always seems to stir up drama. Well, not necessarily stir up drama, but I end up HEARING about LOADS of drama-and drama is something I have learned to do w/o. And lack of drama is BLISS. Still, it would be nice to see the gang again, (esp. since there won't be many more opportunities for the old school CR's to get together) and see if tomorrow they decide to love or hate each other. Those relationships within that group have and probably always will be volatile, to say the least. Liquor will add to the comraderie of the group, but I know better-things are NOT the same as the once were, but ah, such is life, such is life. If I end up going, I'll write more about it later. I do have class tomorrow night, and I'm not skipping it, so if I do show up, it will be late.

Ok, I'm going to give the sleep thing another try. And with that said, I'll talk to ya'll later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home