the time of my life

Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's been a very long time since I've posted (7 months!). I'm going to try to do this on a regular basis like I used to, so allow me to catch things up...

JOB

First and foremost, my job hunt ended at the end of September when I was offered not one, but two jobs in the course of 72 hours. It seemed like a dream come true-after all, I'd been hunting since January, and I graduated in May, so it was about time. The first job was with the Illinois Department of Transportation. It would have been a fine opportunity, other than the fact I would have to live in mortal fear that they would A) realize I was a Republican, and B) fire me. Luckily, 48 hours after I was offered the position with IDOT, I received a call from the Illinois Republican Party, and they offered me a full-time position. Needless to say, I was thrilled. Everyone knows I've been interested in pursuing a career in campaign politics, and this was the perfect position to jump start my career.

I started the job on October 3rd. I'm very lucky that I immediately hit it off with my co-worker, Jayme. Before long, we had 2 interns join our office staff, and to sum it all up (after several months on the job), it's just been a wonderful experience. The entire staff is wonderful to work with and I can honestly say that I truly enjoy going to work every day, even now, after several months have passed.

Next on the agenda...RELATIONSHIP...but that will have to wait till tomorrow. My job is keeping me very, very busy nowadays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home