the time of my life

Monday, July 25, 2005

Update, update, update...

First and foremost, I have my NEW apartment. I signed the lease tonight, and I am SO EXCITED. My new apartment is fabulous, and the best part is...IT'S ALL MINE! (And, even though I don't have a washer/dryer INSIDE my apartment, I have the next best thing...it is RIGHT across the hall-and I'm on the first floor!) I am so excited of the prospect of living by myself for the first time since senior year. And senior year, I was living in B-E and working for housing, so it wasn't exactly like I was living ALONE alone. Now, I have an entire apartment to decorate exactly as I wish, and if I want to sit in my boyshorts and strappy tank tops and watch TV while doing crunches or leg lifts I don't have to feel weird about doing so! :D A party is definitely in the works, hopefully sometime around Halloween, but I'll DEFINITELY be having one after New Year's, in continuing the tradition of Amy Lynnette's Post New-Year's soiree. This year, it will be 3 years running! Although I must say, it will be difficult to top last year's festivities. :D If you were there you definitely know what I mean.

Next, my job at the Lincoln Museum is going quite well, for the most part. I'm still looking forward to finding something permanent, but until that time it's a nice place to work.

And....EXCITING NEWS! I have achieved the impossible-I have scored an interview with a state agency-the Illinois Department of Transportation, to be specific. I don't fancy the idea of working for the state for the rest of my life, but it would be a GREAT fresh-out-of-college job, and would certainly pay quite well. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for me, EVERYONE!!!

In other news, I got a request via email to apply for a job with the American Dream Coalition, just another lovely interest group in our country. (527 for those of you who are politically savvy) The position is named Grassroots Coordinator, which basically means I would be traveling a great deal on behalf of the coalition in order to set up small local groups around the country in order to gather support and establish the coalition as a national political player. It sincerely sounds like a fabulous opportunity, as well as a lot of fun, and I look forward to finding out more information.

In other news, I'm going to CMS tomorrow (on my day off-never a day of rest ;o) ) in order to test for MORE state jobs that have been posted, in case the opportunities mentioned above don't pan out. Sigh. Again, keep your FINGERS CROSSED!!!

In more entertaining news, I actually went out (SHOCK!) on a Saturday night this past weekend, which is quite remarkable in that I have become a hermit lately, thanks to my lack of "real" job and abundance of part-time work and other less-than-entertaining things. I sincerely hope that my social life will revive itself this fall when many of my friends will return to school and the bliss of college life (ah, I miss it already).

Well, that's all that's happening at the moment. More details as they come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home