the time of my life

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Ok, now I'm really going to post something legitimate...recap of my crazy week.

-I MOVED. With that said, I would just like to forget completely from this point on about those two weeks in my life. My new addy is 2111 Carl Sandberg Ln., Apt. #5. Of course I'm still in Springfield. Come and visit any time, unless your names are Dan, Joe, and Donald, and you are planning on coming as a group. This apartment isn't ready for a toilet-papered fort.

-I've started sampling the lovely downtown Springfield eateries. I went out to lunch w/ Heather and Matt, along w/ some of the other IARF crowd, and we went to Two Olives and a Pepper, which is right next to the famed Statehouse Bar and Grill. 2 O's & a P is great-I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a quick lunch or dinner who's just down wind from the capitol. In addition, it's such an adorable little restaurant, in addition to having good food. I mentioned that I have yet to have been to the Statehhouse B & G, and Matt confided that he had yet to be to it sober-lol. This led to the sharing of drunken college stories among the three of us, which was needless to say amusing, considering that we went to arguably the 2 biggest party schools in the state-SIUC and U of I-I shared stories of the drunken quad stumble, but sorry guys, no references to my famed evenings at IHOP. I'm afraid those memories will stay with me and the IHOP women's toilet-well, and everyone who saw me stumble out-oops.

-I was formally warned by one of C-W's lobbyists to watch my back down at the capitol, simply for the fact that I am a young, unmarried woman, and that there are a bunch of disgusting pig-headed congressmen wandering the halls looking for a**. I don't care how badly I want a great political job, I'll be damned if I'll throw my morals/principles out the window and screw some geriatric congressman for a job. I'm not that kind of girl, and never will be. I've never wanted something that badly that I'd throw away my own personal pride and decency in favor of something material that can be lost just as easily as it could be gained. I don't care where I'm at 10-20 years down the road, I want to be able to look and the mirror and still recognize and LIKE the person that I see.

-Classes are hectic. Seminars are a ton of work, which is part of the reason why I am not leaving my room this weekend, except to work at Famous Barr. I've got a good GPA going into this semester, and I intend to keep it that way. Hurrah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home