the time of my life

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Carbs please

I am going nuts. I would kill for a bagel right now. The carb cravings are supposed to die off pretty soon (hopefully in a couple of days), but until then, I'm dying here. This is the second day back on the diet (after two days off)-hardcore, and the total I've been on it is about a week. Forget all the stuff I have going on-today, as we were having lunch downtown after committee hearings @ the capitol, I seriously became transfixed by these stupid breakfast muffins. I've completely lost it. Instead of caving, I purchased a large, green salad w/ broccoli, a little egg, sunflower seeds, a little cheese, and low-fat dressing-no carb heaven. And I drank my beloved Diet Dr. Pepper. And topped off my lunch w/ a sugar-free caramel. Tasty. Yep. I'm trying to get my mind off food. First, I finished my studying. I still have a paper to work on, but it can wait until tomorrow. I'm sick of reading. Next, I thought about shopping. Scratch that, in the state I'm in, I'd only wind up in massive debt bc of the spending I would probably do...plus, I am not buying a single item of clothing until I have lost 25 lbs. That's right. So then, I thought about going out for the usual drinking festivities-and scolded myself. I'm not allowd to have liquor during stage 1 of this diet. ARG. I'm deprived of all of my favorite vices. I keep telling myself it is good for me, and I look at pictures of myself in high school, and yes, I'm motivated, but still...sometimes I just want a darn cookie. But if I eat one, I know I'll want one more, and then it will be all over!

I saw the baby-eater! AAAAAAHHHH!

Yeah, that's right, I saw the baby-eating monster who made Tom Berns have a stroke-a.k.a. Naomi, in the DD/MI committee hearing today. And just FYI-she looked very bored to be there-but no falling asleep just yet. Rest assured I am watching, though. I'll get that sleeping picture if it's the last thing I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home