the time of my life

Monday, February 23, 2004

Good Sex is over forever...

That's right, Sex and the City, my favorite television show of all-time, is over. But whoa, what an ending! I must say things ended just the way I hoped they would. All four girls are happy. Samantha finally let her guard down w/ Smith & they are in a committed relationship (despite that huge gap in age), Charlotte and Harry are going to be able to adopt a baby, and Miranda and Steve have built a happy family life. They've moved on to new phases of their lives, and things will never be the same, but they're not bad, either. Finally, Carrie ended up with Big, who after 6 years realized that they can't live without each other. *Sigh* I cried at the ending. I know it's ridiculous, but this show was so much more than sex, style, and shoes-it was about relationships-and Carrie ended the show w/ one of her trademark voice-overs about relationships.

"Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic. Those that are old and familiar. Those that bring up lots of questions. Those that bring you somewhere unexpected. Those that bring you far from where you started. Those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one that you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."

So, as in life, all good things must come to an end-things may not stay the same, but that doesn't mean that things necessarily have to be over. And with every door closing, another one opens. Old things can be good, but you'll never know how good things can be until something better comes along-this I've learned very well. Don't be sad when things end, because you never know what rests just on the horizon. I've learned this very well througout the past 5 years. And I hope I'll always remember that when things get different/weird, or whatever. I hope my friends will remember it as well, even through times of struggle.

And just as I discussed this past weekend-you make new friends, but you'll always keep the old ones-they're there forever-everyone knows true friends are but a phone call away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home