the time of my life

Sunday, February 22, 2004

My Weekend...

So yeah, after a loooong day in Springfield on Friday, dragging V around the capitol, making random introductions and running into Lee Daniels (He's such a short, squatty, ugly man in person. Not that his pictures were great, but you know what I mean. Geez!), it was time for a weekend away from it all.

So, got to Chambana, hung out w/ V, V's roommate, and Nat till around 9:30, when we stopped in on the Bushie's little "kegger", which ended disastrously-before it seemed it had actually began. Tragic-I've never seen so many terrified underage faces in my life. If you ask me, the idea that the police were busting up a tiny, quiet, party in bufu Urbana seemed ridiculous, however, when given some thought, V came to the conclusion that it was the dems up to no good-seriously, all they would have to do is hear about this and PRESTO! One well-timed phonecall and bye bye Bushie celebrations. Yup. So after me and Victoria escaped the underage inferno, minus one Natalie, we stopped and 1004 so I could run in and use their phone to see where the heck Natalie was hiding (V had conveniently forgotten her phone). I knocked on the door, and Donald answered it (looking/sounding VERY surprised to see me), I proceeded inside where I was greeted w/ lively screams of "AMY! AMY! AMY!" and after the hysteria died down, I called Natalie and discovered she was hiding in an upstairs room. Smart girl! I grabbed Joe and we brought Victoria inside, and for about an hour things seemed fairly normal-just all the overage old-school CR's hanging out just like old times-good times. Natalie escaped to 1004 w/o a drinking ticket, and having been (rightfully so!) somewhat traumatized by the situation, did not accompany us to Legends. Legends was the usual, got the chance to catch up w/ everyone, and the evening (not lacking its usual drama) ended w/ quesadillas at 1004 and Joe being a saint and driving me back to V's to crash.

So, the next morning was somewhat uneventful, then coffee w/ V and Diller, mall w/ V, dinner w/ Nia and Amanda @ Timpone's-yum, Tanya's crossing party at Joe's (the reason I came to Chambana in the first place), and rounding out the evening yet again at Legends w/ D & J, Donald and Meghann. Yeah-so things were great except when Dan decided to steal my cell and start calling people, and letting Joe cuss at them. Yeah. Then Joe decides to call this person on his own accord, and continue the belligerent behavior. Needless to say, I don't know what went down between the old gang & this person, and I don't know if I really WANT to know-I would like to think that I am (or at least WAS) good friends w/ all involved parties, and I just wish that all of us (meaning CR's/former CR's-my other Chambana friends don't believe in drama) could get together like old times and have a drink and NOT have blood on the table as a result, as it seems very likely such behavior would happen if such a reunion was to occur. Whatever. Sincere apologies to the recipient of certain phonecalls-someone as uninvolved as I does not know whether or not they were deserved, but someone such as myself DOES realize that such phone behavior is still rude.

So, it was good to see the Chambana friends, but geez, I'm getting too old for the drama. It has its place at times, and a good dose of it now and then, but now I realize how much the drama last year & my life resembled a soap opera-Meghann and I discussed this, she agreed that Chambana life was somewhat of a soap opera-a very poorly written one! And like V said-"When did getting accepted to college give you the excuse to behave like 3rd graders?" Word.

Back in Springfield...

I wasn't back in Springfield for long today, just long enough to hear that I missed a fabulous night in STL. Darn. Next time. Work was uneventful as usual, and now I'm home in C-town for Jami's b-day (I don't have class/work/interning on Mondays! Hooray) tomorrow. I'm getting ready to go collapse-I haven't been this exhausted in a long time. BTW-last episode of SATC was tonight-the last one EVER! TEAR! And BOY was it ever an ENDING! Needless to say, I will go into great detail about it later, but right now, I had just enough energy to sum up the weekend, and now, darlings, it's time for BED! **MWAH!**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home