the time of my life

Sunday, February 15, 2004

Homework Schomework

I have so much stuff to do tonight, homework-wise. I'm so glad that a M.A. only takes 40 hours, bc I think I'd die otherwise-no way I could ever stand a Ph.D. Seriously. And law school-yuck. I'm forever grateful that I chose the M.A. route as opposed to the J.D. Yeah, so I have to revise my thesis proposal (surprise, surprise-it's too broad), work on a loooooong paper, catch up on reading, and work on my article summary presentation due on Wed. The thing I love/hate about seminars is the class participation, which makes for fascinating discussion (at least, in my 512 class), but it also means you have to REALLY know the stuff you're talking about as to not make yourself look like an idiot. Yep. It's a blessing and a curse.

Random other stuff...

Thanks to my uber-neat roommates, (in addition to my own habits of cleanliness) I WON'T have to clean up the apt. before my parents' visit tomorrow-in my last apt., I had to CONSTANTLY be cleaning in order to keep the mess from building up-Liz, although she was a nice girl, was a slob.

Phone Etiquette

My father DID call me at 8 a.m. yesterday to say Happy Valentine's Day, and by the time I got off the phone w/ him, I suspect he was very sorry he called, and will not be calling before noon EVER AGAIN-I have warned my parents numerous times that phonecalls before noon as NOT acceptable (as they used to call me at 7 a.m. on Sunday mornings to see if I was going to church-ROAR!)-especially on the few days I have to sleep in. However, my dad doesn't really listen to me when it comes to these things (he things a proper day starts at 6:30 a.m.), and since it's usually my mother calling, it hasn't been an issue. Ugh. I very kindly called them back later and explained 1) I hate Valentine's Day and 2) he had ruined the ONE moment of blissfulness I was likely to have that day, so 3) he should be very sorry and never call that early again. I think he got the idea. Now, why have I ranted about this for as long as I have? To serve as a lesson to my friends reading this-do not, under any circumstances, call between the hours of 4 a.m. and 12 p.m. if you value your life., or unless you see my away message down and can clearly tell that I am AWAKE!

I don't know much else-I know this was not the most exciting of posts, but I've been working all weekend, so in reality, it hasn't been that exciting of a weekend. More lata...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home