the time of my life

Friday, May 07, 2004

Alright gang, time for an update. You might say I've been busy. I'm tired, so it will be quick.

Tuesday: Turned in my dreaded AUTHOR LOG for POS 511-it ended up being almost 40 pages, and that had better be good enough for Professor Miller! I worked, my first day full time, rather uneventful.

Wednesday: Worked (again!) then went out for Cinco de Mayo AT Cinco de Mayo-the restaurant. Cute, huh? They have the best margaritas in town, but not tonight. The mexicans must have taken the night off to really party, bc the white guy behind the bar made me the CRAPPIEST margaritas that us gals had ever tasted. YUCK! It was like drinking a snowcone w/ tequila-sick! Anyhoo, afterwards (and being hit on by some NASTY men at the bar), I rejoined the girls and we headed downtown and wandered in and out of the various places (it was kind of dead, unfortunately) and ended up at Catch 22 after tequila shots at 11 West. Got hit on by a GORGEOUS gorgeous and friendly guy, unfortunately, I think his friends were gay, bc they kept putting ice cubes in his pants when he was talking to me. Riiiiiiiiiight...anyhoo, he ran to the bathroom and we switched tables, so that was the end of that. Me, Marylynn, and Mary were definitely amused. Oh-and I ran into Emily from KC, I had completely forgotten she goes to school up here! Kind of interesting how those things happen. Anyhoo, at around 12:30 it was time to call it a night.

Thursday: Work, then Stella Blue w/ Marylynn and Angela. Fun times, just sitting around chatting, and Angela getting hit on by a nasty old drunk at the bar-gross.

Friday: Sleep, work, then hanging out (what I'm doing now). I was supposed to go to STL to hang w/ Cheryl and co., but plans fell through when the battery light on my car started blinking. BOO! So, relaxed-since I need to do that sometimes-I can't go out EVERY night. Work again, tomorrow, dreaded 15 hour sale revisited, then a short trip home on Sunday for Mother's Day, will likely come back Sunday evening.

Summer is bliss...no classes for a few weeks, and when they start they will be EASY, a stress-free job, a new car in a little over a month, lots of nights out, 16 hours away from my M.A., moving to my new place at the end of July, etc. etc. etc. Also going back to Chambana to visit the entire gang one last time (next Friday)-I mean, of course I'll be going back to visit after this, but this is likely the last time the whole "old school gang" will be together drinking there, or at least one of the last times. It's hard to believe a lot of my friends are graduating and won't be around (even close by) next year, but I had a year to soften the blow of separation, so I think it will be harder for them than me-not that I love them any less, but I've had a year to move on, so to speak. I think if I had graduated this year things would have hurt perhaps a bit more-maybe. But whatever. It will be amusing to see where we all are in 10 years-that's one reunion I surely won't miss for the world.

Anyway, there will be lots more of exciting details later, but frankly, I'm about to crash. And I need to get to sleep before Jess and co. drunkenly stumble in...hehe. Kara's moving out tomorrow, I will miss her! She's been an awesome roommate, but I think Jess and I will have a good summer-and Brandis is moving in next week. I have a feeling we're going to have a great summer, and I couldn't be too much happier with the way things are going now.

OH-P.S. There's this guy at my internship-we've casually talked for the past couple months, but nothing too long or too serious. I've got two weeks left-I'm taking a vote. Should I a) Keep talking to him, but do nothing b) ask him out for coffee or c) ignore things completely. IM me your votes. Keep in mind I have NEVER asked a guy out in my life, but he's cute and I'm kinda interested. I'll let you know how things go. MORE LATER...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home