the time of my life

Saturday, May 01, 2004

WOW-I think I'm in love w/ Stella Blue.

So this is definitely a bar I'll be spending quality time at in the very near future, in addition to next year-it is DIRECTLY across the street from my new apartment! JOY OF JOYS! It has a most EXCELLENT selection of fine liquors from all around the world, and is a nice, quiet, sophisticated setting-perfect for coversation and good drinks. Went out w/ Marylynn there first, then followed w/ Catch 22, where I ran into people I knew including Bill from Shimkus' office last semester, whom I hadn't seen since December, and WOW-he is just as good-looking and nice as ever, and was always an awesome guy, and seems even moreso when he's out and loosened up. Anyway, after awhile there we went down the street to D.H. Brown's, but it was absolutely dead quiet so decided to call it a night. BTW, for those of you wondering: D.H. Brown's to Springfield is like Murphy's to campustown->the place where everyone knows your name, yeah. It's not hoity-toity, the drinks aren't too expensive, and it's a relaxed atmosphere, but it's very, very popular nonetheless.

Oh-and just for the record-I have found the Springfield equivalent of Kam's-TWO BROTHERS...it SMELLS!!! EWWW!!! (even from the outside-you know it's bad)

Oh, and random comment: Campustown, while it has many special places (yes, places) in my heart, is seriously a ripoff. Drinks-wise. When it comes to cocktails, they put, like, half a shot of liquor per drink, and charge you $5. And I always willingly paid it-or, I drank $1 longnecks-part of the reason I don't drink beer anymore-seriously, I can't. I will PUKE, even after one. SOOO disgusting. Anyhoo, in downtown Springfield, if you pay $5 for a drink, you get SERIOUS liquor in exchange-I swear to you, the bartender made me a cosmopolitan, and she seriously poured like half a bottle of greygoose in the shaker, plus the other ingredients-needless to say, you can actually get drunk off of one drink-and I know I have a low tolerance, but still. It's sweet to get REALLY GOOD drinks, and be getting your money's worth-oh-and the margaritas DON'T taste like ***! In my entire time at UIUC, the only bar I found that could mix good margaritas were Brother's and White Horse-and if you don't know it, the margarita is my DRINK-so I'm quite happy with the Springfield bar situation.

Moving on, apparently I am an acceptable candidate for matchmakers. My roommate's new "male friend" (I'm not sure if it's bf/gf status yet) has a single roommate, and apparently saw me, thought I was acceptable looking, and suggested to Jess that I be invited out with them sometime. If I hadn't had plans already, I just might have gone. This could be interesting...

Oh! And story of the day, random cute guy in my living room this morning-Jess comes home, and one of her friends is downstairs, unbeknownst to me. I know it's not her new male companion, seeing as I already met him-and he introduces himself, and seems extremely nice and friendly-we all spend a few moments talking about what we all did last night, then it's time for me to head home to C-town. If he was that nice and friendly with me, straight hair, jeans and t-shirt, and no makeup, I wonder if he'd like to see the glammed-out version of me? :o) Anyhoo, I may just ask Jess for more info about him...I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him around our place more often! Maybe there is life after Chambana dating & what not after all...

Oh, and V is going to be an unofficial roommate this summer-she's working for JBT in Springfield, and plans on crashing when necessary-maybe SHE will also realize that while Chambana life is GOOOOOOD...Springfield ain't bad, darlin'...not bad at all. And believe it or not-it's getting better all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home