the time of my life

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Do we ever really move on, or do we just move past? I find myself asking this question as of late as I contemplate my current OOA (object of affection/admiration). This guy by all appearances is polite, intelligent, and without a doubt one of the nicest people I've met in recent history. I find myself quite attracted to him. All the things that a girl would look for. However, I'm haunted by past relationships and paths not taken, if you will. Ok, ok. Not just that. One person in particular. Just one. I KNOW deep down that I have to move on, but I'm wondering if that is truly possible. Do we ever really get over it? Paths not taken-I torture myself with questions about what might have been. I know this isn't healthy...and it certainly isn't healthy for an event (or events) in your past to drastically endanger future happiness, but I cannot help it. This event in the past has shaken me and undermined my confidence in the opposite sex. It has made me cynical, slightly bitter and certainly less trusting. Definitely NOT the Amy from 2 years ago. This is bad. I know it is. I'm trying to get over it, or at the very least move past it. I'm still the same person, deep down. I just need to re-discover this person inside of me and realize although she might be a bit older, a bit wiser-that she CAN be happy without the aforementioned individual.

I just need to get over it. Once and for all. Anyone who wants to offer advice-it would be appreciated.

2 Comments:

  • Get over it! The future will work much better if you forget the past. The past is called the past for a very good reason. If this new guy is all you want in life right now, then go for it. Otherwise you'll be sitting there in two weeks saying......what if.....

    By Blogger The angry bitter little man, at 8:29 PM  

  • very, very true. I need to hear this. Thank you!

    By Blogger Amy Lynnette, at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home