the time of my life

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Hey gang, it's been awhile (for all three of you who read this, that is)

So, I've been thinking the last few weeks, about graduation (in December) and how NOT READY I feel for entry into the "Real World". Sure, a fat paycheck and ultra-luxurious surroundings would be nice, but to be perfectly honestly, I do like my life right now. Anyway, considering the fact that I DO plan on continuing my education (whether it be for an additional M.A. or even a Ph.D.-in Public Administration-not sure yet), I am torn between searching for a job or continuing my education before I get tied down. Knowing full and well if I get married any time soon (God forbid), or even MEET someone SIGNIFICANT (note-significant does not include any of the following: make-out buddies, random dates, or anything in between), I will be reluctant to continue. In addition, there's the fact that, despite my residence here for the past 23 years and 5 months, I truly hate Illinois (except for parts of SO-IL, and maybe bits and pieces of the rest of the state). For one, it is an ugly, ugly state. Second, the weather is horrible. Third, the people leave something to be desired. Fourth, the food is terrible. Fifth, I hate Illinois politics-Chicago will always be the boss and there will be no changing that unless Daly and/or Blagojevich and all of their followers perish. Needless to say, I want to apply OUTSIDE of Illinois-I have no intentions of staying here, no matter what part of the state it is. Which brings me to my dream place to live. Everyone knows I love state politics...and everyone knows I LOVE country music...and everyone knows my second home is and always has been...TENNESSEE. So I'm pretty much smitten with the idea of moving to Nashville, or somewhere near there, to continue my education, and then to end up living there. It would combine my 2 true loves in life, and of course you can't beat good ol' Southern Hospitality.

So it's unofficial, of course...but there's a good chance I'll be going on to school past graduation at UIS. I've even picked a day to take the GRE...(yes, I avoided the GRE when applying to UIS-thank goodness) fun times. I plan on applying to several southern schools, including University of Tennessee, Tennessee State University (located in Nashville), Ole Miss, Louisiana State, UGA, and just for kicks, I might throw in a D.C. school, probably George Washington University, even though I have no intentions of going there. I'm seriously afraid though, if I don't leave now, I will find myself in Illinois 5 years from now, working in Springfield-and while there are worse things, I want more for myself.

Anyhoo, it's been a very long day, but I'll post more later. For all reading this, IM me about my BBQ on Monday! It should be good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home