the time of my life

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

It's 6:54 a.m. and I'm getting ready to hop in the shower, just as soon as my roommate gets out. I'm tired, but work beckons so it's up and at 'em for me. I won't complain; as much as I hate retail nowadays I'm glad I have a non-stressful summer job-you wouldn't find me down at the capitol if my life depended on it. Speaking of which, they're going into special session today. I swear, they're just like a bunch of kids sometimes. I'm far too young to experience burnout, right? I hope this phase, like everything else will pass.

I apologize for my lack of insightful, meaningful, and thought-provoking posts lately-I've been too tired, and frankly too busy to take time to write more than just the general wrap of my day/week, but rest assured I'll write more soon.

For those of you who actually read this (all three of you), I have decided to forgo Chambana this evening due to my sleeplessness and piles-o-stuff to do tomorrow...but maybe next week? Gosh, I'm getting old. Me and Victoria went out after work last night (for those of you who don't know, she's working in Springfield for the summer, so she's been crashing on our couch occasionally), and were dead tired after an hour. LAME!

I'm so glad to be going home for the weekend. Leaving Friday, not coming back till Tuesday morning. I miss Centralia (don't laugh, I really do sometimes), I miss my kitty, and I miss going out down there, and running into half my friends from KC and high school-as lame as it sounds, ...seriously, if I ever just decide to ditch the whole politics thing, it's likely I'll look for a teaching position at one of the community colleges in that area. Now, I don't consider myself jaded and bitter-YET. So maybe there's still hope for me on that level.

With that said, I must get ready for work. I'll try to write more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home