the time of my life

Monday, June 07, 2004

So guys, I've been being kind of lazy w/ this thing, but you'll have to forgive, seeing as I'm working 40 hours a week and starting 6 hours of class this week, PLUS working on my thesis. Yick. I'll try to keep ya'll updated at least once a week.

First, Ronald Reagan, the Great Communicator, our 40th president, died Saturday. A political maverick, unwilling to conform to the party bosses. Confident in his own abilities, and unafraid of going forth with his own agenda. He is my second political hero to die in the past twelve months-with the first being Paul Simon. It's sad to see him go, but his suffering has stopped so in many ways I suppose it is a blessing. To the man who ended the Cold War, revitalized the Republican Party, and restored faith in the presidency, I offer the following words:

"All in all, not bad. Not bad at all."-words from Reagan's farewell speech.

Second, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

The movie was fantastic. Yes, it varied at times from the book, but it was done in a very tasteful way. The acting was the best I've seen in a HP movie thus far, and it was an all-around good time. I can't wait for Goblet of Fire. I may be 23 years old, but I still LOVE LOVE LOVE Harry Potter!

Third, classes start this week. Woo-ha. Taking a lobbying seminar and 2 hours of thesis prep.

Fourth, I'll be in Chambana for KARAOKE on Wednesday night! YAY! I'm riding back with Victoria, who is conveniently working in Springfield this summer, and can basically be my ride if I want one. So if you're in town and bored and happen to read this-come out! Hopefully it will be fun.

Fifth, the BBQ on Memorial Day was fun. If you didn't come, you're a loser!

All in all, things are busy but good. Even fun. Although I'm worked to death, the summer is going pretty well, and actually a bit of a break compared to last semester. I mean, there are days that I actually get to sleep in-so that's something, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home