the time of my life

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Sorry for not posting much lately, I've been busy as well as sleep deprived.

Tomorrow marks the last day of inventory-thank God. I'll admit, summer inventory is much better than winter inventory, 5:45 isn't nearly as bad when it's 70 degrees and the sun is rising outside (as opposed to the winter, where it's -20 and pitch black with snow everywhere). Still, 5:45 a.m. is awfully early to be at work, so I'm glad tomorrow is the last day. I took a 4 hour nap Monday afternoon, and that has helped make the week more manageable, because I was severely sleep deprived before then.

Right now: Watching CMT 100 greatest love songs-I am the biggest CMT junkie the world has ever seen, and this is only helping me get in the mood for Nashville and the Grand Ole Opry, which I will be seeing THIS WEEKEND! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am so excited, I'm about to scream. I've been to Nashville before, of course, but I was a baby the last time I went to the Opry...then followed the youthful hatred of country, and when I turned 18 it was like a switch flicked and I fell in love with country music all over again-aww, hooray.

Country Concerts I'll be attending this summer:

Kenny Chesney (3rd time to see him)
Toby Keith (surprisingly, I've never seen him in concert, yet he is one of my favorite artists: however, his concerts have always conflicted with my schedule)
Brooks & Dunn, Montgomery Gentry, and Gretchen Wilson (this one will be AMAZING-I have seen MG before, and they were even more amazing than I had hoped for-I expect B&D and Gretchen to be just as awesome)
George Jones (MY ALL TIME FAVORITE country male musician. He's going to be at the IL state fair and I cannot wait-I jumped up and down and shrieked when I heard about the concert)

Oh, and I'm hoping to make an end-of-summer road trip to Nashville to see the Opry again, in addition to hit the best night spots there-so if you're game, let me KNOW!

Anyway, back to the countdown: they've included many of my favorite country songs, including the following: (Sorry, I'm in an obsessive country music mood right now-with good reason!)

I Cross My Heart (George Strait)
I Wouldn't Have Missed it for the World (Ronnie Milsap)
Forever and Ever, Amen (Randy Travis)
You Were Always on my Mind (Willie Nelson-but I liked the Elvis version much better)
Hello Darlin AND You've Never Been This Far Before (Conway Twitty-haha I will always love him!)
Strawberry Wine (Deana Carter)
Your Everything (Keith Urban)
I Believe in You (Don Williams)
Annie's Song (John Denver)
Cowboy Take Me Away (Dixie Chicks)
Something That We Do (Clint Black)
In Another's Eyes (Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood)
The Heart Won't Lie (Reba McIntire and Vince Gill)
When You Say Nothing at All (originally by Keith Whitley, redone by Alison Krauss-both versions amazing, although I'll always love the original)
She's in Love with the Boy (Trisha Yearwood)

...and finally...

I Will Always Love You (Dolly Parton)

Ok, so there's a few...oh how I love country music.

Like them or not...these are some of my favorite country love songs-and I'm quite glad that CMT decided to recognize them!

Meanwhile, enough of the music stuff, it's time for tennis w/ Jess and Brandis. More later, and a full account of the trip when I return next week! HOORAY for time off! I'm working too much, but summer is definitely going well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home