the time of my life

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

4th recap:

The weekend was overall good-my last relaxing bit of vacation. Ugh. I HATE Famous Barr, it is the devil, and after next month I will NEVER work retail again unless my life literally depends on it. UGH.

Anyway, Saturday was spent being a lazy bum in my apt. and it felt fantastic...not having to go anywhere or do ANYTHING. Sunday morning was spent watching movies w/ Jess, and then I got ready and drove over to Chambana for Bolin's party, seeing as I haven't been there for like 2 months and hadn't seen much of the gang in that long.

Anyway, I show up and greet everyone, even though I really didn't know many people, other than Bolin and Diller. I sit on the porch talking to people in general, but mainly catching up with Diller, and then talking to both him and Meghann (his girlfriend) for quite a time. Joe was also there, and Garrett and Schlau showed up as well. Additionally, there were some new CR's/ISGers that I didn't know, but of course politely greeted along with everyone else. Anyhoo, it was good to see everyone. After the fireworks at Memorial Stadium, it was back to 1004 for more food and drinking-I didn't drink anything, because I find beer repulsive. However, I was introduced to a new invention called the "kegerator", a ridiculous invention by Garrett that is essentially a KEG in a refrigerator, with a spigot on the outside. As you would imagine, the result is EXTREMELY cold beer. Anyway, the boys (there were three girls there-TOTAL-me, Jenny (Dan's girlfriend) and another old CR) drank ridiculous amounts of beer, with Garrett insisting that his goal was to end up at the hospital at the end of the night like this poor guy Ryan who (unfortunately) believed that he could outdrink him on New Years and suffered such a fate. Anyway, most people would probably tell you that one of the more amusing events of the evening was Garrett challenging EVERYONE to a chugging contest, drinking (seriously) like half the keg, and growing EXTREMELY beligerent. I'll leave the comments at that and abstain from sharing my own opinions-let me just say that some people should have SERIOUS limits on how much they're allowed to drink in the presence of others.

Anyway, the evening ended with 2 specific people getting in a fight (no comment, but apparently these kids are roommates), and the rest of us halfway laughing and rolling our eyes at the ridiculousness of it. Afterwards, myself and the 1004ers watched improv comedy and ate pokeys and fell asleep. I left the following morning around 10.

Anyway, back in Springfield it's relatively uneventful. Back to work, etc. I'll post more later-right now I'm tired and heading for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home