the time of my life

Saturday, July 03, 2004

Ok, it's been awhile so here's the rundown of the last week:

Nashville was AWESOME! I had a blast at the opry, although I don't think the 'rents and the sibs were quite as thrilled. My dad (a formally trained pro-photog) took some amazing pictures, one of the best being the one where the famous Whisperin' Bill Anderson looked STRAIGHT at my dad and grinned! Anyway, other opry performers included: Rachel Proctor, Steve Azar, Connie Smith (to name a few well-knowns), in addition to one of George Strait's songwriters and the new guy who sings "I Miss Billy the Kid"-in addition to a lot of old time country singers of my grandparents generation, as well as some bluegrass performers. It was absolutely fantastic, I'm just upset that I missed Vince Gill (who sang the following night) and Trace Adkins (on the Tuesday night opry)-I would have stayed much longer if I could, but it's only a 4 hour drive from C-town, and everyone knows how much I love it down there, so of course I'm planning a trip down there before the end of summer. Anyway, the rest of the weekend was spent at Opry Mills and just wandering around Nashville. The shopping was great, purchases include the following:

Straw Cowboy Hat (shut up, you know I had to have it)
2 new tops (Banana Republic and Old Navy)
1 new purse (dark red leather, from Wilson's Leather-bringing my purse total to over 20-hey, there are far more unHEALTHY obsessions)
a LOT of cute underwear-me, Lori, and Jami bought about 40 pairs between the three of us!

After Nashville, we headed to Memphis-land to visit with the grandparents, and headed home to C-town, where I remained for a few days. Saw Spiderman 2 and The Notebook: Spiderman 2 was okay, quite predictable but not entirely terrible. The Notebook was INCREDIBLE, I absolutely loved it-it was so sweet and romantic, yet not a chick-flick, I think most decent guys would like/appreciate it. I read the book first and I think the movie was just as good as the book, a rarity in cinema. I won't talk too much about it, because I don't want to ruin it, but it's a great film, the best I've seen in a long time.

Anyway, after a nice week of R&R away from the hustle and bustle of Springfield, I'm back-my roommates and I celebrated absolutely nothing yesterday varied beverages and after a long day, I fell into bed, quite relaxed.

Right now it's Saturday afternoon and I'm enjoying doing absolutely nothing. Tomorrow I'm either going to FSL or Dan and Joe's, haven't decided yet. Happy 4th of July!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home